Our Actor Firearms Training program offers friendly, comprehensive firearms training for Actors, Stunt Register Trainees, SPACT Performers, Supporting Artists, and more. Sessions are normally either one-to-one, or two-to-one, to ensure that all training is as safe and individualised as possible. We cater for all skill levels from absolute beginners to experienced firearms performers.
The theoretical part of the course is run online, and consists of a 3 hour interactive workshop, where we cover:
- Firearms safety and handling
- Etiquette on set
- Firearms law
- Firearms technical knowledge
- Firearms history
- Q&A session
This approach ensures that you will have a working technical knowledge of firearms before starting the practical section of the course. Another advantage is that running this part of the course online allows us to keep the overall cost of the course competitive.
The practical section of the course is run in person over an 8 hour day. We will start the morning by recapping the theory that we covered the day before, and looking at it’s practical applications. Over the course of the day, we will cover:
- Firearms safety and handling
- Weapons functionality
- Moving with a firearm
- Firing blanks
- Weapon transitions
- Drawing and holstering
- Character physicality
- Assault rifles
- Bolt action rifles
- Submachine guns
- And more!
We will finish the day by running a ‘course of fire’ with blank ammunition. If there is something specific that you would like included in your training, that we don’t include in our standard program, we will do our upmost to accommodate you. We pride ourselves on being flexible and adapting to your training and learning needs.
Due to the nature of what we do, anyone wishing to undertake our Actor Firearms Training program must meet the following criteria:
- Be over the age of 18. We may at our discretion accept students aged between 16-18, providing that a parental consent form is signed, and we are satisfied that the student is of sufficient maturity
- Provide proof of identification. We will accept a current valid passport, a current full or provisional UK driving licence, a current full EU or EEA driving licence, a biometric residence permit, a EU and EEA national identity card, a current valid Shotgun or Firearms certificate, or a current valid Northern Ireland Electoral Identity Card
- Provide a Basic Disclosure Certificate, or a Standard or Enhanced Check DBS valid within the last 18 months or that is on the Update Service. We will also accept a current valid Shotgun or Firearms certificate. You can apply for a Basic Disclosure Certificate here: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
- Provide at least one character reference from an industry professional. We will ask for your referee’s contact details upon booking
If you have any questions about any of the above please do not hesitate to get in contact.
1-2-1 Actor Firearms Training
Standard Base Price: £200.00
2-2-1 Actor Firearms Training
Standard Base Price: £300.00 (£150.00 per student)
Please get in contact at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact form below if you are looking for firearms training for larger groups. We will be happy to discuss what you are looking for.
You Come To Us
Our most popular package, Actor Firearms Training is based in West Hertfordshire. The nearest train stations to us are Hemel Hempstead (Main Line) and Chesham (Metropolitan Line), both stations have taxi ranks, or there is an hourly bus route that serves our location. We use a local small hall that suits our needs perfectly, with plenty of space and excellent amenities and facilities. Ample on-site parking is available. The price for this is our standard base rated for either 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 training as listed above, plus the cost of hiring the hall which is £96.00 for the day, or £48.00 per student if you are booking 2-2-1 training.
We Come To You
Our most convenient package, Actor Firearms Training literally comes to you. This is subject to you having a suitable space on your property that we can conduct the training in. The space must be private, secure, have no public sightlines, and be spacious enough to not obstruct or impede our movement. For example, in the past, we’ve used a spacious living room with the chairs pushed to the side, a large garage, and a garden with no sightlines from the neighbours. The price for this is our standard base rated for either 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 training as listed above, plus travel expenses. Where a property is more than 3 hours away from us (Hertfordshire), extra charges may apply.
We Come To A Space Near You
Suitable for students who want us to come to them, but don’t have a suitable space on their property. We hire out a local small hall in your area. This is subject to there being a suitable venue that meets our criteria available. The space must be private, secure, have no public sightlines, and be spacious enough to not obstruct or impede our movement. For example, a community centre with public access would not be suitable. However, an out of the way small hall with private access would be ideal. The price for this is our standard base rated for either 1-2-1 or 2-2-1 training as listed above, plus travel expenses and the cost of hiring the hall.